The Payroll + Time button in the My Company Information and Settings section controls various internal time related components, including pay period interval, overtime rules, time rounding, timesheet options, and pop-up time card and timer settings.
The Payroll Settings tab in the Payroll and Time Settings screen allows you to set up your pay cycle for timesheet purposes.
- Type of Pay Period is where you will designate which interval your pay cycle uses. The options are weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and custom. Custom will be used for the Semi-Monthly type of cycle.
- Period Ending Day will only be used for weekly pay cycles.
- Period Ending Date will be used for bi-weekly and monthly pay cycles to signify the exact ending date and set the reoccurring schedule.
- Custom Payroll Period Days will allow you to set your semi-monthly begin days for the first interval, and the second interval. Please remember that these should be the days that your pay cycle BEGINS, not ends.
- There are two choices for overtime calculations:
- Federal Law will calculate overtime on any hour over 40 hours in the work week. Until the 40th hour is tracked, no overtime will be calculated.
- California Law will track overtime on any hour over 8 hours in a day and any hour over 40 hours per week.