5 Accounting Podcasts You Should Be Listening To
Some of the best ways to improve your practice include brainstorming new ideas and implementing the feasible ones. Podcasts are a great source of inspiration and a good place to start. You can listen to industry thought leaders, firms that have “been there and done that”, and innovators that are blazing trails for their firms. Whether you enjoy podcasts in the car or at the gym, they’re a great way to gain insights. Here are 5 helpful podcasts for accountants:
- Accounting Best Practices with Steve Bragg: “The Accounting Best Practices podcast covers essential information on a broad range of business subjects, including accounting technology, controls, closing the books, financing, payroll, and much more. Most episodes are just 7 to 10 minutes long and are jam-packed with information.” Find it on iTunes, Google Play, PlayerFM, or the Accounting Best Practices homepage.
- Thrivecast by CPA Network: “Jason and Greg have always followed their discussion of relevant and interesting business topics by interviewing a guest… Guests have included prominent people within the accounting profession as well as thought leaders in the business world. Most shows are released monthly around the 25th. There have been a few shows recorded with a live audience as well.” Tune in every month on iTunes, Stitcher, PlayerFM, or the THRIVEal homepage to hear hosts Jason and Greg talk about the everchanging public accounting space.
- The CPA Guide: This show is great for junior members of your firm who are preparing for the CPA exam. Join host Bryan Kesler as he discusses his journey of passing the CPA exam and interviews guests who’ve made strides in their own careers. Episodes are available on iTunes and Stitcher.
- Journal of Accountancy Podcast: Sponsored by the AICPA, the Journal of Accountancy produces this information-packed podcast, unpacking topics from fraud prevention to the history of accounting. Episodes come out three to four times a month and are under 30 minutes. Find it on Spotify, Stitcher, iTunes, PlayerFM, and the podcast’s homepage.
- Scaling New Heights Podcast: Cutting Edge Training for Small Business Advisors: “The ‘Scaling New Heights’ podcast is designed for accountants and other business advisors, providing professionals with year-round access to … key training[s] from [the] annual Scaling New Heights conference. Each weekly broadcast includes an interview with a featured guest who’s either a past Scaling New Heights presenter or a presenter for an upcoming conference.” It runs about 30 minutes and is available on the Woodard homepage, iTunes, Player FM, and Stitcher.
Next time you’re stuck on a long commute or have some time to yourself, check out a new podcast. It’s never a bad idea to learn something new. You might even discover a tip that revamps your practice.